Why Choose Handmade Soap? Top 5 Reasons to Choose Artisan Soap over Commercial Soaps
Did you realize that our skin is actually an organ? Our skin is more than just a fleshy surface of pimples, wrinkles and tattoos. It is a complex system of of pores, glands and nerves working together to protect us from the outside and inside of our body and is made up of 3 layers.
The outer most layer of skin, the epidermis, is in charge of making new skin cells, protecting the skin, and skin color. This is the layer of skin that absorbs what you put on it, this includes soap. Yes, every time you wash your hands your skin is right there to absorb it. There is loads of research that connects chemicals absorbed through the skin into the bloodstream, causing long term damage.
This is one of the reasons we at Silver Coast Soaps, choose to provide a better and more accessible alternative to commercial soaps. Knowing exactly what we put into our soaps, were these oils are coming from, is a big deal to us. Each of our soap bars is made by us, in small 10 bar batches and cured for weeks to maintain the integrity of the nutrients, oils, and vitamins.
Most commercial soaps are not actual soaps, instead they are detergent bars or "beauty bars". Containing mostly synthetic detergents that they can manufacture cheaply and completely strip the skin of it's moisture, or they chemically alter the product to extract the natural glycerin of the soap to put into higher priced items, such as lotions and creams.
The glycerin and oils in soap is one of the key ingredients that protects your skin from drying out after your dry off. So by definition, if your soap does not have the natural glycerin or oils, your skin becomes dry and you'll need lotion to moisturize it. See how that works?
Reasons to switch today-
- Moisturized Skin- with all the naturally occurring glycerin and oils in handmade soap versus conventional soap, why would you skimp on on soap just to buy a lotion? You're not saving on anything!
- Our Planet- our handmade soaps are made with local oils and are plastic free and zero waste, this cuts down tremendously on our carbon foot print and makes for one less wrapper in the landfill.
- Real Ingredients- everything in our soap is a real ingredient, some of which you probably have in your kitchen right now!
- Animal Testing- because we have real ingredients and know where they are coming from instead of chemicals, none of are soaps or ingredients are tested on animals.
- Your Health- since our skin is the largest organ in our body connected straight to our blood stream and absorbs everything we put on it, why would you choose anything else?